Thursday, April 24, 2008

1920 Chicago Still Exists

A few days ago, I wrote my rant about the Chicago shootings and how I was "not surprised." When people ask me what it is like being from the Chicago area, I don't simply say, "it sucks"-- that would be too easy on Chicago. I say, "it is stuck in the 1920's era." My Father talks about how his Grandmother, my Great Grandmother, met Al Capone in their Italian community. Apparently, she said he was a "nice man." My father replied, "no Grandma." This seems to be the average Chicago politician: the "nice man." Chicago's policies are influenced and made by these degenerates. If you need proof, please click on the title of my post and read why Chicago is one of the few places where you can't own a gun legally. I'm not even "Mr. Rah Rah firearms" either; I know I could be killed in certain areas at any given time. I would hope I could have something to balance the equation. Chicago is approximately half the size of NY City and has twice the murder rate--why?--because of gang violence. Read Mike Royko's book, called Boss, for more information on how Chicago functions. Another thing that is stuck in the early 20th century: the CTA-- more on that in a future post.

No comments: