Sunday, April 20, 2008

My Story: Part 3

Basically, I'm trying to cut to the chase with my own personal upbringing in Chicagoland. Although I could write a whole blog on that, I want the reader to know that I have lived there for 20 years and I know a lot about the area. This will be the final "My Story" post. Basically, I had a very lucky upbringing, good parents in a good suburb, no complaints about that. I spent a good time between the ages of 14-18 commuting to the city and it has had a deep effect on me; however, I didn't realize how big of a joke the place is until I actually lived there for a year when I took a break from college for almost 2 years and worked driving an ambulance for that time in the city and suburbs. I know know exactly what my Father meant when he said, "I'll never live there again;" He is not the first person to say that.

No comments: