Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Uniquely Illinois #2: Drew Peterson

If all the forces of the universe combined into my head at once, I still could not think of a "Chicagoland" character as dynamic as Drew Peterson. I'm going back to an e-mail here, one minute, to get my quote of what I said about silly dilly Drew. "I think Drew Peterson reflects the typical idiot Chicago area person: he can't speak well, he is a scumbag and probably thinks he got away with murder." I'm not mocking people with accents from Chicago, but I also realize it isn't the standard dialect for the rest of the country. I occasionally say an "A" vowel sound, like I'm opening my mouth for the doctor. Take Drew Peterson's accent, creepy smile, demeanor, profession and we have the mixing power for a "Uniquely Illinois" character. Every now and then a character from Chicago comes out the woodwork and into the national spotlight; this is the only way people from the rest of the country can realize these people exist. To recap: Peterson's wife, who is approximately my age, disappeared from the 50 year olds shaky marriage leaving her children behind for "another man," as silly dilly Drew claims. As it turns out, Drew's previous and third wife died from "unknown causes" in the bathroom--It was later discovered that she was murdered. The best part is that he is a cop. If you are interested in being Drew's 5th wife, click here All men are innocent till proven guilty, but not all men are Drew Peterson until proven guilty.

No comments: